The SPAC disclosed that holders of approximately 32% of FLAC Class A ordinary shares exercised their right to redeem their shares for cash, significantly lower than the average redemption rate for completed deals this year at 83.99%.
Additionally, more than 90% of the votes cast at today’s meeting were cast in favor of the business combination. FLAC shareholders also voted to approve all other proposals.
FLAC now expects to close the deal on November 22, subject to the satisfaction or waiver of customary closing conditions. Upon closing, the ordinary shares and redeemable warrants of the combined company, NewAmsterdam Pharma Company, will be listed on The Nasdaq under the ticker symbols “NAMS” and “NAMSW” respectively, and are anticipated to begin trading on November 23.
The parties initially announced their $326 million combination on July 25, 2022. Netherlands-based NewAmsterdam is developing a range of drugs aimed at reducing patient cholesterol levels suffering from liver, heart and brain disorders.
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC is acting as lead PIPE placement agent, financial advisor, and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- Jefferies LLC is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- SVB Securities LLC is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to the Company.
- William Blair & Company, L.L.C. is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- Moelis & Co. is also acting as financial advisor to the Company.
- Covington & Burling LLP is acting as legal counsel to the Company.
- Goodwin Procter LLP is acting as legal counsel to FLAC.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP is acting as legal counsel to the PIPE placement agents.
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC News: Circle spokesperson denies blaming SEC for failed deal, BuzzFeed CEO says AI-powered content will be part of core business, and FaZe Clan faces possible delisting Circle Spokesperson Denies Blaming SEC for Failed $9 Billion Deal...
Health Sciences 2 (NASDAQ:HSAQ) announced that it closed its combination with Orchestra BioMed on January 26. HSAQ ahead of its vote pre-announced redemption figures of 1,597,888 shares equating to 67.7% redemptions, however, that’s still subject to change. However, today it was noted that Orchestra BioMed is to receive $70 million in gross proceeds including $20...
Carbon capture technology has long been talked about, and it is finally in operation with LanzaTech among the pioneers. Its plants are turning potential emissions into clothing, household goods and sustainable fuels. SPAC cash is now also an accelerant in this new process as the company announced a $1.7 billion combination with AMCI II last March. This week, we caught up with...
In this series we’ll be examining successful SPAC deals from the past both in the terms and circumstances of their de-SPAC processes and how they have weathered the storms that have followed after their public listings with research from SPACInsider contributor Anthony Sozzi. Thirty months does not sound like that long, but it’s been a...
Seaport Calibre Materials Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: SCMA) announced this afternoon that it is pushing today’s special meeting back until January 31. The SPAC is currently facing a completion deadline of February 1, but is looking to extend its timeline by an additional six months to August 1. Stockholders may elect to redeem their shares for a pro rata...