Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web.
Branson’s Virgin Orbit plots deal with NextGen SPAC, Amazon business acquirer Thrasio in talks to merge with SPAC Churchill V, and Cano Health acquires University Health Care following SPAC deal
Branson Plots $3Bn SPAC Merger To Launch Virgin Orbit To Stock Market
Sky News revealed that Virgin Orbit is close to finalizing a deal to combine with NextGen Acquisition II, a SPAC set up by former Goldman Sachs banker George Mattson.
Sources told Sky News this weekend that NextGen II was in exclusive talks with Sir Richard’s Low Earth Orbit satellite business, which is 80%-owned by the tycoon’s Virgin Group empire. The Abu Dhabi sovereign fund Mubadala owns the remaining 20% of Virgin Orbit’s shares.
A definitive deal valuing Virgin Orbit at approximately $3bn, or £2.1bn, could be announced in the coming weeks, according to insiders.READ
Thrasio Is in Talks to Go Public Via Michael Klein SPAC
Thrasio, an acquirer of private-label businesses on Amazon.com Inc., is in talks to go public through a merger with a blank-check company set up by former Citigroup Inc. rainmaker Michael Klein, people with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg.
The online retailer could be valued at approximately $2 billion, but other sources say that valuation could reach more than $10 billion in a merger with Churchill Capital Corp. V.
Thrasio raised $500 million in a senior debt facility via JPMorgan Chase & Co., Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and the asset management arm of Royal Bank of Canada in January. Prior to that, it raised $260 million in a series C funding round led by Advent International.READ
Sternlicht-Backed Cano Said to Near Deal for University Health
Cano Health Inc., a medical provider backed by billionaire Barry Sternlicht that recently listed on the NYSE through a SPAC, is nearing a deal to buy Miami-based University Health Care for $600 million, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg.
The transaction includes $540 million in cash and $60 million in equity, and an agreement could be announced as soon as this week.READ
Vistas Media Capital Set Up $150M Fund For SPACs, Media In MENA
Singapore-based media and entertainment group Vistas Media Capital is set to launch a $150m multi-strategy fund to invest in SPACs and media businesses across the Middle East and North Africa region.
The company, which is nearing the completion of a merger deal between its SPAC and Middle-east based media streaming platform Anghami, is raising funds from global investors outside of the US. The fund will invest across the stages of a SPAC from sponsor capital to pre-IPO and IPO deals, including PIPE.READ
Grab CEO Confident SPAC Deal to Close by Year-End After Delay
Grab Holdings Inc. CEO Anthony Tan said he’s confident the merger of the ride-hailing and food-delivery giant and a U.S. blank-check company will be completed by year-end, following a delay caused by a review of its financials.READ
Mobiv Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:MOBV) announced this afternoon that it has closed its combination with EV motorcycle-maker SRIVARU. Shareholders originally approved the deal at a special meeting held back on September 28, but at that time, the parties expected the transaction to take just a week to close. Redemptions whittled Mobiv’s IPO share pool of 10,005,000 down...
Achari Ventures I (NASDAQ:AVHI) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with medtech firm Vaso Corporation at an equity value of $176 million, or 19.5x its 2022 adjusted EBITDA. Wuxi, China-based Vaso provides IT services and sales support to medical device manufacturers. The combined company is expected to trade on the Nasdaq under the...
EF Hutton Acquisition Corp. I (NASDAQ:EFHT) announced this morning that its shareholders have approved its business combination with E.C.D. Auto Design. At the meeting, there were 5,089,203 shares of common stock, representing approximately 76.82% of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock, present. In connection with the meeting, the company’s stockholders holding 3,470,945 shares,...
Legato Merger Corp. III (NYSE:LEGT) filed for a $175 million IPO yesterday afternoon, becoming the fourth SPAC to file this week. While the other three SPACs that filed their S-1s earlier this week intend to pursue targets in the financial services and biotech industries, Legato III, similar to the earlier Legato SPACs, will focus on...
At the SPAC of Dawn This week ends with an unusually busy earnings calendar as 172 US-listed companies report quarterly figures today. Among them is Exela Technologies (NASDSAQ:XELA), which completed a combination with Quinpario 2 in 2017. The billing software company has gone on to do another SPAC deal on November 29, this time spinning...