Social Capital Suvretta I (NASDAQ:DNAA) announced in an 8-K this afternoon that its shareholders have approved its combination with digital medicine company Akili Interactive at a special meeting held yesterday.
Approximately 99.09% of DNAA shareholders opted to redeem their shares, leaving just 227,252 shares left in the SPAC’s trust. This marks the 4th highest redemption amount throughout 2022 thus far trailing behind Agrico, CC Neuberger Principal Holdings II, and ITHAX, which saw redemptions of 99.8%, 99.4% and 99.4%, respectively.
Akili was able to raise more than $163 million from the transaction, before deducting transaction expenses and advisory fees, which, together with cash on hand, the company expects will be sufficient to fund at least 24 months of business operations. Proceeds from the deal will be used to fund the commercial launch of EndeavorRx, a prescription digital therapeutic for pediatric ADHD, as well as its expansion into further patient populations.
Social Capital Suvretta I backed the deal with a $162 million PIPE at $10 per share. Social Capital put up $100 million of the PIPE with the remaining $62 million split among Suvretta Capital’s Averill strategy, Apeiron Investment Group, Temasek, PureTech Health, Polaris Partners, Evidity Health Capital, JAZZ Venture Partners, and Omidyar Technology Ventures.
The newly formed company, Akili, Inc., is now expected to start trading on The Nasdaq under the new ticker symbol “AKLI” on August 22, 2022.
The SPAC announced the $1 billion deal with Akili earlier this year on January 26, 2022. Boston-based Akili is developing a range of video games designed to serve as digital therapeutics for patients suffering from ADHD, autism, multiple sclerosis and other cognitive ailments.
- Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Cowen and Company, LLC are serving as financial advisors to Akili.
- Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, and Cowen are serving as co-placement agents to SCS with respect to the portion of the PIPE financing raised from non-insider qualified institutional buyers and institutional accredited investors.
- Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, and Cowen are not acting as agents or participating in any role with respect to, and will not earn any fees from, the portion of the PIPE financing raised from insiders and individual investors.
- Credit Suisse and Cowen are serving as capital markets advisors to Akili.
- BofA Securities, Inc. is acting as capital markets advisor to SCS.
- Goodwin Procter LLP is serving as legal counsel to Akili.
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is serving as legal counsel to SCS.
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP is serving as legal advisor to the PIPE placement agents.
AI Transportation Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:AITR) filed its S-1 last Wednesday afternoon for a $50 million IPO, marking the first SPAC to file for an IPO in March. While the new company may pursue a target in any industry, it intends to focus its search in the transportation field, including but not limited to logistics, new energy...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC News: Virgin Orbit plans for insolvency amid rescue talks with investors, WeWork reaches deal to cut debt, and Pear Therapeutics explores “strategic alternatives” Virgin Orbit plans for insolvency amid rescue talks with investors Sky News...
Home Plate (NASDAQ:HPLT) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with shipping company Heidmar at an anticipated enterprise value of $214.4 million, or 7.2x its 2023E EBITDA. Athens-based Heidmar operates an asset-light shipbroking network providing access to a pool of 60 fuel tanker and dry bulk ships. The combined company is expected to trade...
two (NYSE:PIAI) announced in an 8-K this morning that it has pushed back its special meeting one week from March 24 to 10 am ET, March 31. Shareholders at the meeting will consider a proposal to extend its transaction deadline from April 1 to January 1, 2024. The SPAC’s sponsor has not yet offered to...
Terms Tracker for the Week Ending March 17, 2023 Welcome to our weekly column where we discuss the findings from our IPO terms tracker based on the previous week’s pricings. Despite this week’s headlines about bank failures, EF Hutton managed to file both a new S-1 registration statement and price an IPO. They should have...