Matlin & Partners and U.S. Well Services to Combine for a Total Enterprise Value of $588 Million
Matlin & Partners Acquisition Corp. (“MPAC”), announced this morning it has entered into a merger and contribution agreement with U.S. Well Services, LLC (“USWS”’), a technology-oriented oilfield service company focused exclusively on hydraulic fracturing services for the oil and gas industry. The transaction values USWS at 2.6x 2019 projected adjusted EBITDA, implying a discount of 32% to publicly traded peers.
Current cash held in trust is $327.2 million and MPAC is estimating cash at closing will be $329 with accrued interest. Read below for additional transaction details.
The conference call to discuss the proposed business combination is being held today, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time Dial: (866) 610-1072 and refer to audience passcode 6498027.
A replay will be available until July 30th: dial (800) 585-8367 and reference audience passcode 6498027.
- Existing USWS equity owners receive rollover equity consideration equivalent to ~34% of the pro forma combined company
- Cash held in Trust – $329 million estimated at closing to repay USWS Term Loan and Revolving Credit Facility and fund fleet expansion
- $135 million PIPE at $10.00 per share to fund fleet expansion. Led by Crestview Partners.
- The MPAC Sponsors will surrender for cancellation (and for no consideration) 2,000,000 of MPAC’s Founders Shares. As a reminder, the Sponsors currently hold a total of 8,125,000 Founders Shares.
SPONSOR PRIVATE PLACEMENT WARRANTS
- The MPAC Sponsors will also be surrendering for cancellation (and for no consideration) 1,870,968 Private Placement Warrants that were purchased for $0.50 at the time of the IPO. (MPAC Sponsors currently hold 14,500,000 warrants)
- Cantor currently hold 1,000,000 Sponsor warrants and will also be cancelling 129,032 of them.
- MPAC was advised on the business combination by Cantor Fitzgerald & Co.
- Piper Jaffray & Co., through its Simmons & Company International division, acted as financial advisor.
- Bracewell LLP as legal counsel to MPAC.
- Winston & Strawn LLP acted as legal advisors to USWS.
- Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. acted as legal counsel to Crestview.
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC News: Circle spokesperson denies blaming SEC for failed deal, BuzzFeed CEO says AI-powered content will be part of core business, and FaZe Clan faces possible delisting Circle Spokesperson Denies Blaming SEC for Failed $9 Billion Deal...
Health Sciences 2 (NASDAQ:HSAQ) announced that it closed its combination with Orchestra BioMed on January 26. HSAQ ahead of its vote pre-announced redemption figures of 1,597,888 shares equating to 67.7% redemptions, however, that’s still subject to change. However, today it was noted that Orchestra BioMed is to receive $70 million in gross proceeds including $20...
Carbon capture technology has long been talked about, and it is finally in operation with LanzaTech among the pioneers. Its plants are turning potential emissions into clothing, household goods and sustainable fuels. SPAC cash is now also an accelerant in this new process as the company announced a $1.7 billion combination with AMCI II last March. This week, we caught up with...
In this series we’ll be examining successful SPAC deals from the past both in the terms and circumstances of their de-SPAC processes and how they have weathered the storms that have followed after their public listings with research from SPACInsider contributor Anthony Sozzi. Thirty months does not sound like that long, but it’s been a...
Seaport Calibre Materials Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: SCMA) announced this afternoon that it is pushing today’s special meeting back until January 31. The SPAC is currently facing a completion deadline of February 1, but is looking to extend its timeline by an additional six months to August 1. Stockholders may elect to redeem their shares for a pro rata...